People often wonder how to stay healthy. Usually, this thought arises during illness or life failures. Under health, we mean physical health, that is, the musical work of all organs of the body, allowing us to live and fully engage in any activity. However, mental and spiritual health is no less important than the physical one.
Do you lead a healthy lifestyle? You do not need to run marathons, diet or do yoga to answer “yes.” A healthy lifestyle, first of all, is a permanent work on yourself, your progress along the path of rejection of harmful, negative things and habits, and the achievement of harmony with your body and soul.
Such a lifestyle should not be a goal or a severe choice in life. The best way to stay healthy is to move in small, confident steps, gradually removing factors that lead to diseases. Seeing the changes taking place, you will strengthen your confidence in going the right way. It is not necessary to immediately change everything drastically, as in this case there is always a chance to fail at some point. It is only required to start, little by little. For example, during the day you can do some simple actions that will gradually make your life healthy and harmonious.
10 Small Tricks to Help You Stay Healthy
Start your day with exercising. Just get up a little earlier to start the day with morning exercise. It will help you wake up, energize and prepare the body for the new day. Everything will do: regular warm-up, running, yoga, stretching exercises, etc.
Mind how you eat. Pay the most attention to your breakfast, which should include complex carbohydrates, fiber, proteins, and healthy fats. For instance, the best foods for breakfast are vegetables, cereal, lean meat, and eggs. A healthy, organic lunch will help you maintain and improve your health and stay energetic all day.
Do not forget tea. Natural tea is the source of antioxidants that positively affect your immune system and heart, as well as increase metabolism and reduce the likelihood of cancer. The best drinks for that are white and green.
Drink cold water. The body spends more calories on heating the cold water to your body temperature. You can burn additional calories by merely drinking 2 liters of water per day. Besides, the right amount of water per day can effectively eliminate toxins from your body.
Breathe deeply. Deep breathing has a lot of advantages, including a beneficial effect on the nervous system, trains the lungs and oxygenates the blood. It is straightforward and efficient.
Do not allow stressful situations to affect you, and if they occur, deal with them at the moment. Do not let it build up. Frequent stress leads to long-term diseases, such as ulcers, headaches, heart disease, and depression. As soon as there is a reason for stress — eliminate it, and if it does not work — keep your thoughts occupied with something pleasant: read books, communicate with friends, walk, or think about something good and entertaining.
• Eat in little portions but often. For the body to get used to spending calories only for current needs, without saving them, do not let it feel hungry. Ultimately, 6-7 meals in small portions are much better than 3-4 regular ones. Frequent meals remove hunger and allow you not to overeat while improving the process of digesting food.
• Add two healthy products to your daily menu and remove two evil ones. It is all the same principle of small steps. As soon as you achieved that, add two more. Overall, even if you do not come to a completely natural diet, you will feel much better.
• Go to bed earlier. For a healthy sleep, an adult needs about 7-9 hours, although many of us would consider it a blessing. Nightly gatherings with friends, TV, or the Internet are among many things that delay our sleep. Meanwhile, it is in a sleep that the body restores, strengthens and fights diseases.
Reject bad habits. Bad habits cannot be combined with a healthy lifestyle. If you smoke, asking doctors or nutritionists how to stay healthy is useless. First of all, abandon tobacco, and only then think about how to become healthy. Getting rid of smoking is an essential step towards a healthy lifestyle.
Put your thoughts in order. Chaos in the head is not conducive to health. Do not promise more than you can do; do not undertake what you cannot do.
Less sugar and alcohol. One bottle of sweet soda is enough to reduce immunity by 30% at a time: some cells of the immune system lose the ability to find and destroy the infection in the body — the same effect from the alcohol.
Reduce caffeine consumption. Muscle tremor, insomnia, nervousness, and anxiety are just some of the symptoms you will experience if you consume too much caffeine. Even if you do not drink too much coffee, you can still experience some of these unhealthy symptoms. One cup of coffee contains almost 100 grams of caffeine, so try not to drink more than 2-3 cups a day to stay healthy.
If you do not want your sleep to be disturbed, you do not need to drink caffeinated beverages 4-6 hours before bedtime.
Using these small tricks, you can finally get rid of the question of how to become healthy. Your heart will grow stronger, extra calories will gradually go away, and clarity of thoughts will appear in your head.
Things to Consider
1. Do not expect doctors to make you healthy. They can save a life, even cure a disease, but you will still be the one responsible for your well-being. Doctors treat conditions, but health needs to be obtained by training. Health is the “reserve capacity” of organs, our entire physiology. They are necessary to maintain normal functional performance — at rest and under stress — physical and mental.
2. Everyone knows what it is like to be sick: an annoying disorder of various functions, making it difficult to feel happiness and even live. The causes are also known: external “hazards” (infection, ecology, social upheavals), own unreasonable behavior, and sometimes — congenital disabilities. The nature of the human body is healthy for most people. Minor diseases are inevitable, but serious ones most often appear as a result of the unreasonable lifestyle: a decrease in reserves as a result of detraining. External conditions, such as poverty and stress are in second place.
3. The training of reserves should be reasonable. It means gradual but persistent. For example, in exercises, running or even walking daily, you can add from 3 to 5% of the achieved level, in terms of the number of movements, speed, and distances, depending on the age and reliability of your health. If we talk about the essence of training, it is a model of restrictions and loads.
Its three main points are the following:
The first is food with a minimum of fat. Eat vegetables and fruits daily.
The second is physical education. It is more complicated. Everyone needs it, and especially children and old people. At least 20-30 minutes a day. As an addition to physical education, it is desirable to include walking on the way to work and back.
• The third point, perhaps the most difficult, is the management of the psyche. Learn to control yourself. There are many ways to do it, including meditation. Besides, the excess of adrenaline is burned during physical training, and in this way, the vessels and organs are saved from spasms.
4. If you are young and there are no symptoms of the organs’ failure, do not run to the clinic at the slightest indisposition. As already said, most doctors do not trust nature and are focused on medications and rest. Remember there are powerful defense mechanisms in the body — the immune system and compensation mechanisms. They will work, but you need to give them a little time. Keep in mind that most lung diseases go away by themselves, and drugs only accompany natural healing. Follow the instructions of the doctor to the best of your understanding and do not demand extra medication.
5. An interesting question. Why do people get sick so often? Possibly, 90% of people, if they followed the right way of life, would be healthy. Unfortunately, the regime requires the will, and a person’s willpower is not enough.
Even if you implement only a few of the above healthy lifestyle rules, you need to make changes in your life that will help you stay healthy and improve your well-being. Start with minimal modifications. Perhaps start to go out to fresh air more often or take frequent breaks in work that will help you feel rejuvenated, more energetic, and accordingly healthy. Try some of the items on this list, and over time you will think that you need just a little afford to stay healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle. Start making changes in your life from now on.